Modern blackjack is a game that has been around since 18th century France, constantly remaining popular. However, when playing blackjack, the casino has an edge over the player. Our guide to ‘cheating’ the system reduces this edge to just 0.5%, allowing the individual to swing the odds in their favour.
The basic rules of blackjack are simple. Beat the dealer’s hand without going bust (also known as going higher than 21). However, it can be extremely confusing to figure out your next move following that first hand, so don’t worry, we’ve done it for you.
There are many charts that can help with blackjack strategy as it can depend on the casino rules. However, study our chart like your life depends on it and sit back and watch it change your fortune!
A Guide To Winning
Before you even consider going to play blackjack, it is your responsibility to yourself to know this chart inside and out. It can be an extremely helpful tool in play but not if you forget how to use it for your next move. You need to know it better than the back of your own hand! It’s also important to consider that there are many forms of these blackjack charts available to players depending on the amount of decks that also take into account whether the casino is online or a mortar casino.
For those of you that do not understand the fundamentals of blackjack, we have also outlined some of the basic terms that you should know.
- Surrender – this is the act of withdrawing your hand from the table. It will, however, cost you half your stake and is only to be used in the circumstance that you know you have no chance of winning. Another disadvantage of this tactic is that some casinos do not allow you to surrender, so do your research.
- Splitting – this tactic is both the angel and the devil on your shoulder in a game of blackjack. It is used when the player has been dealt with identical numbers in the same hand. You can then split the hand to make two hands of identical wagers. This means that with the next cards, you can either double your winnings or double your losses so proceed with caution.
- Doubling down – Like the idea of doubling your winnings? This one is for you! Doubling down is when the player has a favourable hand on the first two cards wherein they know they will not go bust. The problem with this however is whilst you are, in essence, betting on yourself to win, and there is still not a sure chance that you will win the hand since your next card may be too low.
- Hit – A hit is when the player asks for another card to add to their hand in order to get their total as close to 21 as possible.
- Stand – This is where a player does not want to risk going bust, so they keep their cards, instead of getting another.
Now that you know the fundamentals of playing blackjack and how to beat the system, you can go and boost your bankroll in any casino of your choice, online or in person. Use your new found skills to dazzle the dealers!